Sunday 28 October 2012

What We Did.....

.......This Weekend

• A visit to Salts Mill, the wonderful David Hockney gallery
• Lunch in Salts Diner which uses Booge (Hockney's sausage dog) as its logo. That's a delicious portabello mushroom burger.
• The Hepworth Gallery which had a fab sculpture just outside. Check out the potty ear!!
• A walk to Furness Vale including canal boats, alpacas and sheep.

Today I have been working but more on that another day. Thank you for all your comments lately and hello to some lovely new folk that have introduced their fantastic blogs to me. I will post that Parkin recipe this week too but it's nothing fancy! I have just had a slice and it's definitely improving day by day. I wish I had left it wrapped up from the start but I have no cake patience!

It's half term here this week...no alarm tomorrow!

9 comments:

  1. Ha! That Portobello mushroom burger is what I always eat when I go to Salts Mill - it's delish! But did you go in to The Home in Salts Mill? It's so nice, full of Marimekko and Eames chairs. I just go in and stroke them as I can't afford anything! And you went to The Hepworth - isn't it fantastic? So you've basically been knocking about in all my haunts! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a really great day out ... glad you had a lovely weekend ... enjoy half-term ... Bee xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ditto: yay to no alarm calls. Enjoy your week xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a really fun day. I love Salts Mill - it's only half an hour from us. Did you visit the Home interiors shop? It's gorgeous. To my shame I STILL have not been to the Hepworth Gallery...I really must go! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like a great day, I would love to go to salts mill, I keep hearing good things about it! Ada :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like great day out was had! Lovely pictures :) have a great half term! Hazel x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would have loved that David Hockney Gallery!
    So nice to enjoy your pictures...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Have a wonderful half term. Love the china with the sausage dog!
    June

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like a lovely trip. Hope you're having a great half term x

    ReplyDelete