Friday 29 June 2012

Park Life

I have lived in the same area all my life. Sometimes I feel that this is a bit dull, but my local parks make me feel lucky for living here.

I have played as a child, fed the ducks with my children and now walk Morten while the kids are at school. It is beautiful and taking my camera today helped me not to take it for granted.

There is a massive fallen tree that has ended up in the water and perched upon it was a heron. It flew away before I could get closer to take a better picture. I did however, get to see the huge terrapin that lives in our park! The story goes that when the Teenage Mutant Hero Turtles were popular, lots of people bought them,(terrapins that is) regretted it, and tipped them in the pond! Apparently the park keepers try to catch him because they can kill the ducklings which is a bit grim. Anyway, he was happily sunning himself today!

P.S. Morten is looking longingly at the station because he loves a train journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment